Monday, December 1, 2014

The Wonder Years


During the Thanksgiving break, I was introduced to the show The Wonder Years. I have heard it referenced before but I never knew the power it had because I had never watched it. Well... Now I have watched it and I am addicted. It is on Netflix and I say it is powerful because it brought up memories from my growing up in middle school.

The show is told from the perspective of Kevin Arnold, a 12 year old kid in 7th grade. The show is about his growing up and the experiences of a 12 year old learning the word in school, among his parents and in other families... The Wonder Years in everyones life.

I am currently on season 3 and I an captured by the innocent love between Kevin and his neighbor Winnie Cooper. They like each other and shared their first kiss (SPOILER) but like any pre teen relationship... it's nervous and comfortable. It's adorable.

Each episode refreshes an old memory I had back when I was in middle and high school. Some great and some horrible but that's life. It's a wonderful show and still holds true to modern culture even though the show takes place during the late 1960's.

It's an adorable, sad, growing up show that I am in love with now. Make the right choice on life!.. or don't... it's all about learning and becoming an adult.

No comments: