Hello all! As you know there is a kick ball program this Saturday! Meet in the lobby and bring you game faces!!
Before we start, here is a great Kickball tips!
10 Basic Kickball Tips
1. MOST IMPORTANT TIP. Stretch and warm up before the game. Don’t kick that ball cold and then try to sprint. You are older than when you played this game as a kid. Most new players will pull a leg muscle their first game.
2. Always run on 2 outs, it does not matter if they catch the ball or not at that point.
3. If nobody is on a base, a grounder or bunt down third base line will almost always allow you to get to 1st due to the difficulty in throwing from third to first. Do not do this if someone is on third or second.
4. The best defense against bunts is fast pitching and a fast catcher.
5. Almost always try for a grounder or a bouncy if 0-1 people are on base. If you have 0-1 outs and a 2-3 people on bases, then a power kick is a good idea. If you can kick it far enough back, it is worth the out since most of your runners will be able to run in due to the time it will take to get the ball back from the outfield. Aim for the right field, it gives you the most time to progress bases.
6. If someone is on third base, it may be a good idea to kick the ball towards first. This may end up getting you out but will be an easy score for the person on third.
7. Be conscious of how far someone can throw, going from deep outfield to first will require someone in the middle to relay the ball. Most of us can probably throw at a max the distance from 1st to 2nd, so try to keep that in mind.
8. At the start of every play, look at which of the opposing team are on bases so you have an idea of where the ball will need to go immediately.
9. It is much easier to run up to a ball then chase after it. Play further back then you think you need to.
10. Never hold the ball, especially in the outfield. Runners will keep on going until the ball is back to the pitcher.