Monday, September 9, 2013

Learning to Cook, One Recipe At A Time

I'll be the first to admit that my culinary skills barely stretch beyond the microwave... So when I found out that I'd be sharing kitchen space with ICC students, I labeled myself as the designated taste tester and pastry moocher.

Still, I know I can't live off of my own frozen foods and their samples forever, so I have started reaching out to these culinary students for a few quick tips and recipes that are easy to swallow.

I met up with Bubba, a local celebrity chef here at Ludlow to ask him about his famous pancakes. If you made it to the Pancake Brunch, then you must already be drooling for the details. He picked up this recipe from his mom back in Texas and swears by it. The trick to making them so tall and thick, he said, is the baking powder and salt. You should mix the dry and wet ingredients separately before bringing it all together in a lumpy union and then pour as much as you can handle into your pan. Give it a go!


Remember, if you need a professional taste test, I'll be in my room.


No comments: