Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A Holiday Tradition, From Me to You

Hey you. No, not you. I'm saying hey to you. The single residents. The ones that don't have anyone to snuggle up to this winter.

Hey. I've got a holiday tradition just for you. I do it every year around this time, because just like you, I'm also what some people might call "single" or "alone" or "emotionally crippled and unfixable".

If you find yourself alone this holiday season, then follow this steps to help alleviate your condition:

- Put on your nicest pair of sweatpants (perhaps your "formal" pair of sweatpants?) and wrap yourself up in the biggest sweater or flannel you can find
- Heat up a big ol' canteen of the finest Swiss Miss hot chocolate a college student's budget can buy
- Order a nice helping of Chinese food - I personally go for chicken lo mein, fried rice, and eggrolls so I can eat it out of the box while I'm in bed
- Fire up Netflix and put on that 2003 classic - Love Actually
- Cry like you've never cried before and let out all your emotions from the past year (but make sure not to cry in your Chinese food!)



Alternatives to Love Actually include, but are not limited to:

- Crazy, Stupid, Love
- (500) Days of Summer
- Mean Girls
- Grease
- Roman Holiday
- The Powerpuff Girls Movie
- Reservoir Dogs

No comments: