Friday, November 15, 2013

Yoga - Your Practice

There are many reasons people do yoga. Some people may do you yoga to find peace within themselves, where as others might to do it strengthen their body. There are so many good reasons to do yoga. The great thing about yoga is that you put your own body to work and you make it part of your practice.

When I do yoga (Vinyasa) I find it that it is very important to find yourself within your breath. You must deepen your concentration and stay focus within your inner-self. That's why in the beginning of a yoga class it is important to find a flow with your breath. Your breath is the most important thing that will help you get through the difficult times. 

I invite everyone to try yoga, over the next month I'll be doing a yoga program where we can all take yoga.



There's an amazing organization: Yoga To The People. 
One of their locations is in the East Village on St. Marks Street between 2nd Ave and 3rd Ave. 
It is donation based, so any money you can give at the end of the session is fine. If you can't give anything is fine also. Just be sure to bring $2 to rent a mat or just bring your own mat.



I invite everyone to also try it outside of my two programs and to invite your friends. It is an amazing thing to practice. 

My next two yoga programs are Sunday Nov. 24th and December 8th at 6:30pm. 

-RA Irving

No comments: