Monday, November 26, 2012

Ludlow Resident Spotlight: Derrell Francis


Derrell Francis
Junior, Film major
20th Floor Resident


What three frivolous things would you do, if you hit the lottery?
Sky gliding through new york city...AT NIGHT
Buy a home in several places in the world!
Attempt to discover Atlantis

If you could have a super power, what would it be and why?
Water Bending, why? Because I am the hero this city deserves, but doesn't need right now

What is the closest red item to you?
A Coke Can. But if we are talking emotional [items], i have a necklace I've worn for many years without taking it off.

What song summarizes your life?
"Waiting In Vain" by Bob Marley, on the Legend album. At least for the majority of my life I was always quite the romantic, with very little success. This song is what i always played when someone was playing games with me. Bob always knew how to keep my spirits up.

If you could have a dinner party and invite a famous person (living or dead) who would it be and why?
Bob Marley...for someone that i know his life inside and out, i feel it would be good closure to meet the man and play some dominoes.

What is one thing you cannot live without and why? 
Music. My grandmother once said music is the band-aid to a broken heart and the coal for the burning soul.

If you had to eat the same thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Mangoes, because I grew up picking them out of trees, and i will die TRYING to pick them out of trees.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Eating Spam.

What’s the best thing about living in the Ludlow Residence?
I can honestly say, this is the first housing I've been in where I'm not the only resident with a strong sense of community.

No comments: