Saturday, February 9, 2013

Quick Flatbread Pizza


Don't you hate those days when all you eat during the week is nothing but cereal? I still do that some weeks but it is nice to have other ideas of different foods you can make while living here in the dorms. I decided to show residents how to make a quick flatbread pizza that can be delicious yet a bit healthy and also very affordable.


All the ingredients that we used to make the pizzas I was able to purchase at Trader Joe's for less than $20. 

The bread:
Flatbread 

Base ingredients:
Basil pesto, pizza sauce, olive oil

On Top:
Mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, breakfast sausage, mushrooms, red peppers, basil, tomatoes. 

For most of my food events I like to give residents the options to make their own pizza. Each resident grabbed a piece of flatbread and they were very creative in making some tasty looking pizzas. Sometimes it is good to just try any combinations of ingredients to make something tasty. There's no need to be afraid when you're cooking! :)



Be sure to check out my Baking Goodies Event on March 11th @ 8 PM!



No comments: