Thursday, January 31, 2013

RA Shaun: Closet Otaku

There's something you should know about me. My name is Shaun and I am a closet Otaku. An "Otaku" is considered to be a person who is obsessed in japanese anime, manga and video games. This all started back when I was nine. I remember going to Blockbuster and always renting the movie Princess Mononoke, a japanese animated film created by Hayao Miyazaki. After that I started to get interested in manga, Japanese graphic novels. I would beg my Mom to buy me one every time we went to the mall. That's when my collection of manga started. I currently have over five hundred individual books! 

I have a love for reading Manga. Manga are graphic novels that are normally a lot bigger than American graphic novels.  
You get a lot more out of Eastern comics because of the additional pages. I never want a good story to end, I feel that comics made here like Marvel and DC comics end too soon and yes they are cheap but I'll pay more for a well told story that will leave me wanted more.  

I also love to look at the artwork while reading. When it comes to graphic novels I absolutely will judge a book by its cover. I think it's the graphic designer in me haha. But seriously if the cover isn't appealing then why would I open it? I usually notice the spin of the book first, if the color or typeface appeals to me I check it out. The art work also has to be pretty unique for me to even open it. I'm so picky when it comes to reading a new series of manga. You never know how many volumes will come out. 




This is my room back home





JUST KIDDING haha but seriously just google Otaku Rooms and be amazed or frightened how ever you may take it haha.






No comments: