Saturday, October 4, 2014

Basketball Tournment

So it has been said that students at SVA are not athletes. Well, if you said this you would be wrong! Just this last Thursday me and a few other RA’S hosted a SVA 2 on 2 16-team basketball tournament. We had players of all different levels. I was surprised to see the excitement of players playing in the tournament. But then I thought: “ Sports programs at SVA can be successful after all!” Oh, wait, so I forgot to tell what the prize was! 2 NBA tickets (yes, I said it right). Not too shabby, huh? Well, I thought it was a big deal, but during the tournament many of the players said they didn’t care about the prize, they just wanted to play. In fact, most of them want to meet up again to play for fun.

In closing, I think if sports programs are held and advertised properly students will participate.


Here are some exciting pictures from the tournament:







No comments: