Monday, October 13, 2014

The hunt for Empanadas in NYC

I found myself strolling through the streets of the Lower East Side and I passed by one of my favorite restaurants in the area - Empanada Mama. If you have not tried it yet, Empanada Mama is this small restaurant on Houston between Ludlow and Orchard. They sell various Latin dishes like Arroz con Pollo (Chicken with rice), Arepas and many more. But their specialty has to be their Empanadas. Being that I cannot resist some good Latin food in the area, I went in and tried my favorite empanada there - Reggaeton. 

After I enjoyed my delicious empanada, I began to make my way back to the residence hall and I started thinking, are there any other empanada restaurants in the city? And how does Empanada Mama stand against the competition? So I looked it up for you guys and here it is!! The 10 spots to score excellent Empanadas in NYC! 

http://gothamist.com/2014/10/13/nyc_empanada_guide.php#.

Hope you guys enjoy it and let me know how it goes and...buen provecho!! [That's Spanish for Bon Appetite] :) 

No comments: