Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Essex Street Market


Funny fact about me and the Essex Street Market... It took me a whole year to realize it was right next door! So don't be me. I encourage you to leave your room and explore the area, you never know what you'll find.

This market is located on the corner of Delancey and Essex. Literally a block from Ludlow. The Essex Street Market is an indoor retail market that was one of a number of such facilities built in the 1930s under the administration of Mayor Fiorello La Guardi.

I'll have to learn how to cook so I can utilize all this food!
I wandered on over there the other day with RA Alice to see what I've been missing and to load up on the bare necessities. I was blown away at the selection available. No longer did I have to go to three different stores to create a decent meal. Produce, meat, fish, and groceries can be found at ridiculously low prices. The market is set up in a vendor style so I took my time finding everything I needed and also shared a laugh with the Heritage Meat Shop guy. I bought a lot so it was awesome that I didn't have to walk very far.

Definitely check out the Saxelby Cheesemongers booth and the Tra La La Juice Bar. There's nothing better then ordering a fresh OJ to start my day.


HOURS:
Monday - Saturday 8:00 am- 7:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm

No comments: