Thursday, September 20, 2012

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Until my recent move to New York I’ve been in transit. The summer started in New Haven, near the Connecticut coastline. A plane ride later and I was Costa Rica conducting art therapy groups with school-aged children. With new stamps in my passport I went back to work stateside at MoMA PS-1, the contemporary art museum in Long Island City, for Warm-Up. Thousands of people flocked to the museum each Saturday for music, dancing, and new works by artists Max Brand, Lara Favaretto, and Zackary Drucker. After another plane ride I found myself wandering around Münich watching surfers wipe out on the Eisbach river and standing face to face with Albrecht Dürer’s self-portrait.


With the semester about to begin I’m looking to further explore New York. I’ve compiled a list of low-cost (mostly free) things to do in the weeks to come:




No comments: